You May Also Like
HYPO-B-50 DIETARY SUPPLEMENT 100/BOTTLE
Please Login for Price
1 Options Available
Item # W-PURHYD11
For more information about 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) by Pure Encapsulations, please contact us via phone at 800.472.4221 or Live Chat.
As the leading distributor of products for the chiropractic, acupuncture and massage markets, MeyerDC™ offers the broadest selection of products, as well as great prices and fast delivery. Even better, you can count on us for attentive, responsive service.
Looking for other great products? Check out what's new, shop by modality or technique.
Expected to ship in 2-14 days.
5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) Features
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an intermediate in the natural synthesis of the essential amino acid tryptophan to serotonin.
- The enzyme tryptophan hydroxylase adds a hydroxyl group (OH) to tryptophan, forming the 5-HTP intermediate.
- In the body, it converts to serotonin with the removal of a carboxyl group (COOH) by a second enzyme.
- Serotonin is an important neurotransmitter involved in the regulation of endocrine and brain activity responsible for emotion, appetite and sleep/wake cycles.
- In clinical studies, administration of 5-HTP supported serotonin production.
- The 5-HTP supplied in this supplement is derived from the Griffonia simplicifolia plant.